I realise that  I am not going to convince those on the list who really do
know their MySQL/PHP from their 'embonpoint' to get to gether for a book
(apart from rudy).   But all the, very useful, pieces of information, like
Don's, really underlines my point.

'Kinda pricey' for example;  and the suggestions are of many different
offerings - all of which are very good, I am sure.   But O'Reilly is said to
be out of adate, and at the speed of php development, it very difficult to
keep hard copy up to date.   That is why I suggested something for web code
that is very web oriented.

That is a book, and a site for updating.   Please tell me that, even thought
I can't interest you, you think it an idea that could have mileage.....

Joseph

> Sheila--
> > If anyone knows of good PHP book, for beginners, please speak up. I get
> > asked this question all the time. The O'Reilly book might be OK but it's
> [snip]
>
> The blokes at Sitepoint.com have a two-book set titled THE PHP ANTHOLOGY.
> Volume 1 is Foundations. Volume 2 is Applications.  Kinda pricey but good
> info.  The Visual Quickstart series has a couple of good ones on PHP but
> they're suffering from being based on older data like the O'Reilly book.
> That, and some of the forums on Internet.com, w3schools, and a few other
> places are moving me down the PHP road.
>
> Best regards,
> Don Kinney
> Earth Solutions, LLC
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.earthsolutions.net
>

> ____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
> To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        Send Your Posts To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.