----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy"

> sql is like that too
>
> once you know sql, you can use any database like oracle, sybase,
> access, mysql, postgresql, firebird, sql server, et cetera, et cetera

Ah, did I mention my HNC and HND courses included formal training in
database methodologies, and I've used flat-file, relational and hierarchical
DBMSs including dBase I thru V, Clipper, FoxPro, SmartWare, Delta 4,
DataEase, IBM DL/1, ICL CAFS, Ingres, Oracle, PowerHouse, Paradox, Access...
and even an old one called Filetab that was based on decision tables... so
mySQL was no big deal either <grin>

d'you reckon this is cheating?  I doubt if anyone starting now will ever
have the opportunity to acquire 'real-life' experience like that.  So much
programming that used to be done, is just not needed any more.

It does mean that on several sites I've done, the database is just a text
file with rows of csv data, because that was all it needed.  In fact, on one
site, the data is all in an array declaration at the top of the page :-)