Cheryl
I guess I didn't explain it right. I do not automatically download any email. I first go to my ISP, look through them and only download those emails that I want. I deleted all of them and gave the ok to download the wdvltalk list emails. As I explained earlier, I only downloaded the wdvltalk ones and one of them had a virus and the email was deleted before it was downloaded by my Norton AV.

Yesterday while I was surfing the internet using IE, I did a search for sound effects and while I was accessing the websites on the list, on one website I think it had to download some type of Java application. In the Java Jar, there were 3 viruses.

I didn't automatically download any files. In order to view the sound effect I had to go to that particular website. Apparently, that was the wrong thing to do but the threat wasn't discovered until after the temporary application got on my computer. I believe that Norton should have stopped the download. If Norton found a virus on one of the chosen emails to download, it stopped the download of that particular email and deleted it before it was downloaded to my computer.

Even though I have my Internet security at medium high to high, I think Norton slipped up, and let the viruses in!

Jan

Cheryl D Wise wrote:

Then I don't know how you could be getting anything other than a prompt
asking you if you wanted to download something which isn't quite the same as
getting a virus or malware when you use IE.

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.