Hi Cheryl

Cheryl D Wise wrote:

The MSN Explorer and IE are not the same program. You can have IE 6 without
MSN Explorer which is one of the first things I remove from a new computer.
Right up there with the pre-installed AOL crap.

I have done the same. I don't use MSN explorer, and have removed it from my computer. Also all the pre-installed internet options like AOL, etc.

Sounds like all those warnings you are getting are an MSN thing. Unless you
mean the new pop-up blocker and activeX blocker in SP 2. That's just a
generic warning message.

No, I don't use MSN. A few months back I was getting so much spyware when I used IE that I complained to the list and someone suggested getting the popup blocker that the Google toolbar has. It's a good idea, so I did it and I'm not sorry about that. Since I just downloaded and installed the SP2 service pack about 1 hour ago, SP2 was not involved.

If your settings are to allow signed active X to
run you'll get fewer. If those are set to prompt or block you'll get it for
any plug-in, even Flash.

A little confused about above. I do have the Google toolbar set to block popups, perhaps you mean SP2.

Jan

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.