Sorry Massimo, you sound like an unconvincing PR department in damage
control taking its audience for idiots. It is almost enough to make me
want to move away from Web2py.

A lot of us would feel a lot safer if there was at least one well
known project using Web2py that generates a lot of money.

Django and Pylons are not as clever as Web2py. But they are used by
serious money making enterprises.

Linux is safe, it is used in serious enterprise. Python is safe. For
example Google's front end is built on Python.

We really need acceptance that there are real problems with the long
terms prospects of Web2py based on expected patterns. We don't need
glib answers. Goggle trends only proves Web2py has some measure of
relative popularity entry in the Google search engine. I notice you
did not include Django and Pylons in your trends. Not that it really
matters anyway.

Just one big money making project using Web2py would be enough to keep
a lot of us happy that Web2py MAY have a real future.

Web2py represents a serious investment in time for web developers. Web
developers want to know that the investment is worthwhile taking.
Those who employ web developers need to know that the infrastructure
developers put in place can be maintained and built upon. As things
stand, investing time in Django or Pylons looks like a far safer
investment, even though they are not as clever. This needs to be
acknowledged.

I started using Web2py because I really needed a quick solution. If my
web sites grows and I need to employ people I will seriously consider
porting the web site over to Django or Pylons first, if I don't see
better prospects for Web2py. Rather ironic, use Web2py for
prototyping, not the real world.

John Heenan