On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:59 AM, blackthorne <francisco....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've read it while ago.
> The "problem" with that test is the number of processors. It takes a
> high number of CPUs to bring Erlang benefits.

Another 'problem' is that it's not about performance when it comes to
Erlang. It's about overall robustness. For example, Yaws HTTP server
may not be the fastest around, but you just cannot kill it. Even if it
drops a request, it will keep on running, and handling whatever
requests you throw at it. I guess I had that in mind when I said
scalability.

Also, Erlang has software threads, afaik, not hardware CPU threads,
and it manages those internally using a supervisor-worker
architecture. That's something built into the language, and you mostly
don't have to worry about it.

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com