I have downloaded Powertable and like most of what I see.

What I like:

*  The ability to use more datasources than just a table and a single-column
query.
*   The layout which is more readable and understandable than jqgrid from
plugin_wiki

I have certain questions and concerns though:

* Is there documentation somewhere explaining the options?  I could only see
the demo-code.  Some of the links on the page referring to the API does not
work.

* I have tested it this morning on a table with more  just over 8200 entries
and it took 70-90  seconds on Firefox and 30-35 secondes no Chrome to reload
the page from localhost.  That is not usable.  Plugin_wiki's jqgrid does
this in less than a second.
  It seems that it loads the whole table and does not make use of paging
while executing the query.

I have used the following settings:

    powerTable = plugins.powerTable
    powerTable.dtfeatures['sScrollY'] = '338'
    powerTable.dtfeatures['sScrollX'] = '100%'
    #powerTable.virtualfields = Virtual()
    powerTable.headers = 'fieldname:capitalize'
    powerTable.showkeycolumn = True
    powerTable.dtfeatures['bJQueryUI'] = request.vars.get('jqueryui',True)
    powerTable.uitheme = request.vars.get('theme','redmond')#'smoothness' /
'redmond' /'cupertino'
    powerTable.dtfeatures['sPaginationType'] =
request.vars.get('pager','scrolling') # two_button scrolling
    powerTable.datasource = db.joernaal

Regards
Johann
--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for