My 2p worth.

I run a couple of communities relating to software testing. One is
public (uktmf.com) one is private (testers-retreat.org) and this kind
of discussion arises from time to time, often about face to face
communications. People who are passionate DO get upset - it happens.
Testers are a particularly pedantic lot and see their mission in life
to be critical. So testers are 'ten times worse'.

This forum is about web2py for users of it and developers of it.

There's a famous poem by W.B. Yeats http://elise.com/quotes/quotes/yeats.htm
"... tread softly because you tread on my dreams".

If you share your dreams here - people will tread on them if they
don't share them. Period. So if you have a passion that isn't web2py
or python or related - watch out - you may offend and be offended.

For example. This is just an EXAMPLE. No offence Gour, but I don't
think your quote stacks up. Let me critique it very quickly. All
concepts are mental contrivances. So conceptions of anything are
mental speculations. In ANY world. So the quote says nothing and its
just plain wrong anyway. Have we enriched humanity by sharing the
quote or critiquing it? Of course not. It's just noise.

Now everyone could critique everyone elses quasi-religious, -mystic or
-philosophic statements made in the forum. But it really won't get us
anywhere.

It's just noise and detracts from the purpose of the group. So put
your non-web2py musings somewhere else. It's not because you may
offend it's because criticism may offend you and there are plenty
other forums for that kind of thing. So the policy should be - "bring
germane content in here or expect to be criticised - politely at all
times of course".