On the one side sharing information about yourself on the list is a
good thing because other people will get to know you better. On the
other side you cannot be guaranteed other people like what they see
and if they do not they may not help you. For example consider of an
hypothetical user asking for technical help and telling us he/she is
building:

- propaganda site for a political party we oppose
- a site for a government that is at war with our country
- a tool for a religion that has caused oppression to our people
- a site to collect signatures to oppose religion in schools
- a tool for a religion that opposes certain life saving medical
treatments to kids
- a porn site
- an estore that sells meat
- an estore that sells chocolate not meeting the EU chocolate
directive (2000/36/EC)
- etc.

These are just examples of projects that some members of this list may
not want to provide support for. Of course different members for each
item.
And I do not mean to be discriminatory against ANY of the types of
projects I listed. I am just trying to get people in other people's
shoes.
Just keep it in mind. That is all.

If you want to tell who you are and what do fine. Some will like it,
some will not. All I ask you is that we avoid discussion on whether we
like it or not and we keep discussions to technical issues.

Massimo