We REALLY need a CMS. I regularly develop sites that may have one or two
pages that need web2py's power, but the rest of the pages only need basic
CMS/Blog functionality. So I end up writing the those pages by hand in
HTML....seems like such a waste.

Since I would regularly use and CMS/Blog functionality, I would be happy to
contribute code and test it, as I would probably be using it every day. I
would also have regular users play with it and incorporate their feedback
into it to make something that is better than WordPress and Drupal
combined. I think we have a lot of the pieces. I wrote plugin_ckeditor for
inline editing (though maybe we should make our own inline editor. I tried
to make an Aloha plugin, but didn't like their licensing).

Anyways, I would be happy to contribute whatever is needed to make this
happen. Preferably as a plugin. Doing it as only a plugin is difficult, as
I have tried before, and ended up having to do what Instant Press did, and
make an "app" for it. But we should really figure out how to make it a
plugin.