On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:44:40 -0800 (PST)
Carlos Hanson <car...@clanhanson.com> wrote:

> As far as a CMS vs a Blog goes, I have always viewed a Blog and
> viewing content in a particular manner. To me a Blog is a subset of a
> CMS. If we have a basic CMS, adding a Blog simply means organizing
> that particular set of data a certain way.

Yes...In Concrete5 which I use atm, blog/news are just add-ons for the
CMS-based frameworl.

>       - content blocks? you have have multiple blocks in a view
>       - easily reorganize block with drag and drop

Those are the great features in Concrete5. One C5 user nicely described
some of those features in comparison with WP:

"Which brings me to my point... to me the key insight to understanding
Concrete5 is that in addition to designing the front-end (with HTML and
CSS and themes and templates), you are *also* designing the editing
interface. Where Wordpress confines you to basically one huge content
block per page and some widgets on one sidebar, Concrete5 lets you the
designer choose what the confines for the user are as it best makes
sense for your design (one sidebar? two sidebars? no sidebars? 2 content
areas stacked on top of each other? whatever you want!).

There is a whole spectrum of choices you as the designer can make in
terms of setting up the editing interface as best suits your design --
things like how many different page types you set up and where you put
the editable areas into those page types (as Franz describes above),
using Page Defaults and global scrapbooks for content that changes less
frequently and is common across the entire site, hard-coding blocks into
templates where you need their functionality but don't want the user to
be able to change them ever (e.g. the main navigation menu), not to
mention using the sitemap itself as an organizing structure -- e.g.
setting up a "Recent News" section of your site, and every new page
added to that section gets a new excerpt automatically displayed at the
top of the "News Index" list via the "Page List" block.  "

So, in short, I believe that Web2Py deserves better CMS than just clone
of WP. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of