Hi guys,

For a web application, I have to implement a sort of responsive design for
images. There are tons of solution online, but they requires to use some
sort of javascript and custom html to work (insert special tags or classes
in code). I don't like the approch because it make the code unmaintenable.

The idea I have in mind is something like this:

1) On page load, a jquery function calls a controller and communicates
infos about the device.
2) Controller stores those infos in session
3) I intercept images download and
3a) If there are session infos about device width and is_mobile, I resize
the image with PIL to the exact width server side and give the new url to
the response.
3b) If there aren't infos (browser doesn't support cookies) and is_mobile,
I resize the image to an arbitrary small size (ex: 480 px) and give the new
url to the response.
3c) If !is_mobile, I return the normal url

How can I intercept file download also the static ones?

Thank you!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo