Thank you so much Chuck, it's now working ..... pheew
Your insight and direction we're spot on.

The problem was that  early on when I setup the project I for some reason
copied the ERExtension framework into the projects App folder to make sure it
used that particular version, however as you suggested It wasn't building with
the project (As I'd presumed it would) - I'm not very familiar with Eclipse and
find it quite awkward to work with and work out what's going on - Kinda wish I
could develop WebObjects from XCode ;o)

It seems so simple now, but I've been pulling my hair out - I'm so relived and
if there is any way I could buy you a beer (or two or three I will (Let me
know).

I also just realized your the author of the Practical Webobjects book which
will now be my next purchase

Thank you
Rich

On 13/03/2012, at 6:27 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> On 2012-03-12, at 10:12 PM, Rich wrote:
>
>> Ok, so my UNIX classpath is as follows:
>>
>>> # JVM              == java
>>> # JVMOptions       ==
>>> # JDB              == jdb
>>> # JDBOptions       ==
>>> # ApplicationClass == jaboo.proto.websvc.Application
>>>
>>> APPROOT/Resources/Java/
>>> APPROOT/Resources/Java/_jabooprotowebsvc.jar
>>> APPROOT/Resources/Java/commons-codec-1.3.jar
>>> APPROOT/Resources/Java/commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
>>> APPROOT/Resources/Java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
>>>
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaEOAccess.framework/Resources/Java/javaeoaccess.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaEOAccess.framework/WebServerResources/Java/JavaEOAccess.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaEOControl.framework/Resources/Java/javaeocontrol.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaEOControl.framework/WebServerResources/Java/JavaEOControl.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaFoundation.framework/Resources/Java/javafoundation.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaFoundation.framework/WebServerResources/Java/JavaFoundation.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaJDBCAdaptor.framework/Resources/Java/javajdbcadaptor.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaJDBCAdaptor.framework/WebServerResources/Java/JavaJDBCAdaptor.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources/Java/javawebobjects.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaWebObjects.framework/WebServerResources/Java/JavaWebObjects.jar
>>> APPROOT/Frameworks/JavaXML.framework/Resources/Java/javaxml.jar