Le 2012-03-28 à 11:02, John Huss a écrit :

> Technologies come and go; there is a lifecycle for everything.  That is a
> fundamental attribute of software development.  The fact that WebObjects has
> endured for so long as a relevant and useful piece of technology is amazing.
> But like all technologies, it can't last forever.  The sun is setting (or has
> set) on WO.  It's time to move on; that's what programmers do - our toolset
> evolves over time - usually it changes dramatically every 5-10 years.  This
> is just another evolution whose time has come.
>
> It is sort of sweet and heart-warming to see the outpouring of affection for
> WO, but the reality is that it's time to move on.  The best thing you can do
> for WO now is to gain experience with other technologies and then help people
> migrate to them.  Cayenne should be at the top of this list.  On the HTML
> side, I'd love have someone find out how hard it is to migrate WO components
> to Tapestry.
>
> The reality is that WO is LEGACY technology.  It should be treated as such.
> That means you continue to maintain your apps that use WO, you find a new
> technology, and you write your new apps in something else.

That was the whole idea of making Wonder as a layer on top of WO, to ease the
transition to Cayenne and something else for the presentation layer. It's crazy
to see people getting to work on GNUWebStep when they should work on Wonder
instead, but some just want to use ObjC even if that means they don't get
ERRest and other useful bits. But making that transition will take time (and
probably money)...