hi,
i have 3 rpi 2 B+ running 24h/7d without any issue.
one is for my Music player demon and client to listen and drive my mpd
server on my linux ubuntu with home made python script (i call it radio
cubadak).
one is use to drive my 3d printer with repetier server
and the last one is open elec ditrib to run a rasplex client to connect to
a plex media server.
2 of RPI2 B work flawlessly with with jessie 8 upgrade and the rasplex
client work flawlessly with the openelec img which i guess is a wheezy (
not sure about this one because it work so well that i never need to
connect via ssh).
So i'm little bit skeptical about rpi2B+ hardware problem for my weewx
weather station except for my wh2310 misol weather station.
the 3 raspberry running are using the network heavily for video and audio
stream without any problem, weewx is only using the network for mysql
writing/reading, ftp copy and web client, so i think network side is good
too.
The mysql database hosted on my ubuntu linux server work with other
application without any problem, including my homemade arduino dust density
sensor (which i would love to integrate in my weewx report in the future).
The linux ubuntu machine in top of the mysql is hosting as well flawlessly
my plex video server, my mpd music server and audio stream and my Xeoma
cctv server.

i think i'm probably facing a python bug instead of hardware failure. not a
weewx python script bug but more a python interpreter bug or python linked
library.
just my guess....

today i have little time in front of me i will start a RPI3B dev config
with weewx and simulator. i still want to keep my buggy weewx rpi2 config
up for monitoring and reporting on my public weather station website even
if i have to CRON reboot the rpi every hour to hide the problem.