On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 8:29:51 PM UTC-8 graha...@gmail.com wrote:

> i would appreciate a recipe on how to bypass it (masquerading IPs to local
> server and spoofing http request, and ntp request?) in the gw1000 wiki, and
> appreciate even more it being an installation option on the driver/service

You want to look on wxforum.net in the
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=111.0 forum there and dig through
the threads there.

Faking out the gateway isn't weewx-specific so to me it's no applicable to
the driver/service, and the networking stuff you need to do is way outside
the scope of weewx as an app.  Basically you need to set up a fake ecowitt
webserver and force the queries from the gateway to go there, not to China.
   The thread I'm aware of is
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40437.0 but there might be others.
 My wifi/internet is very stable so I'm not aware that I've experienced the
watchdog reboots here.