The GW1000 has a built in heath check. It is designed to ping an Internet
IP address in China. Some people are not happy about that. If the GW1000
can't ping that internally set IP then it reboots. There are other health
checks like it needs to also be able to reach an NTP server on the
Internet...again this is internal and cannot be changed. If any of these
health check issues occur it reboots. There is a thread over on wxforum.net
where someone was attempting to run a GW1000 that was not connected to the
Internet, because they were going to use a ham radio and solar panels and
battery storage to run the thing. The project at first did not run well
because the GW1000 needs Internet for these health functions. The project
progressed and spoofing the NTP server and such were required in order to
maintain the GW1000 running so that it wouldn't constantly reboot.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40768.0

Therefore...I see no need for a reboot function. If the GW1000 has poor
connectivity to the Internet it will reboot automatically. I'm starting to
suspect a bad GW1000...or you have poor WiFi coverage.