internet our here in the bush is flakey and goes down often.
i have UPS on internet connection so have not looked out for gw1000 rebooting
every 20 mins while running on battery. i will look out for it next time.
*very* unsatisfactory if lack of external internet interrupts my local data
collection

i would appreciate a recipe on how to bypass it (masquerading IPs to local
server and spoofing http request, and ntp request?) in the gw1000 wiki, and
appreciate even more it being an installation option on the driver/service

yes, i will lodge a complaint with ecowitt too. i can’t see the manufacturer
changing it, but they need to be aware of the line crossed. (has anyone checked
to see if it conflicts with ecowitt's declared privacy policy?)