On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 12:01 +0100, David Philippi wrote:
> Am Montag 24 Dezember 2007 schrieb Jens Seidel:
> > Isn't Mesa a software implementation of OpenGL and everywhere available?
> > It would be not accellerated by hardware but isn't this how it currently
> > works?
>
> Sure, if you want about 3 FPS... Mesa helps you if some feature isn't
> supported by your card but OpenGL fully in software doesn't work well at all.

If people want to see for themselves what Wesnoth using OpenGL is like,
you're welcome to just get the branch I started working on about a year
ago from SVN. I made it playable -- just with a lot of polishing needed
-- but then gave up on it after I realized how many devices this would
make Wesnoth unplayable on.

The branch is called wesnoth-gl. You can browse the sources here:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/branches/wesnoth-gl/

David