On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Ilor <kailo...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> As to items, I think it may have less of a priority right now -- there
> aren't that many items commonly used on maps as far as I can tell, and
> they mostly play some role in the scenario, so maybe they should stay
> in the scenario WML. However, looking at the example of some other
> games, like for instance Starcraft, I think if we could (should?) end
> up more "decoration-only" items / doodads.  Using such items in large
> quantities on maps for visual effect would be much easier if it could
> be done in the map editor.

currently the doodads are handled by the terrain system (windmills etc...)

in a way, they are already handled by the editor and I'm not sure that
there is a need for a change here. If something is really purely
static and decorative it's better to make a new terrain out of it than
to do an editor that spits out WML.

just piping in that specific point...