On 2016-06-10, at 8:30 AM, Charles Dang wrote:
> Therefor, I'd like every active or interested dev to reply to this email with
> a list of things they absolutely must get done for 1.14, and a list of things
> they hope to get done, but are not priorities. Devs will be held responsible
> to complete any items in their former category in a reasonable amount of
> time. Should they not, the item will be stricken from the development plan.

The current things on my to-do list are as follows, in rough order of priority:
+ Load po files directly for localization, making it easier for UMC campaigns
to provide translations
+ Introduce categories of some sort into the hotkey preferences panel
+ Finish up some work on the Lua name generator API
+ Finish up some work on the Lua WFL API
+ Fix the lag in the Lua console when the backlog gets too large
  ----------
+ A new system for traits, abilities, and weapon specials that allows units to
reference a global definition rather than including the full definition directly
+ Some additional AI features and cleanup for consistency of syntax
+ Make server.ign files more useful
+ Add a key to [side] to specify for an AI side whether the user is allowed to
select an algorithm
+ A few expansions to progressive string syntax in animations

The line separates the "must complete" from the "would be nice". The top item
is what I'm currently working on.

With regard to other things that have been mentioned - I don't think a "wesnoth
2.0" needs to imply a radical change. I don't have a strong opinion about
whether the release after 1.14 should become 1.16 or 2.0, but I do think it's
silly to stick with 1.x releases forever, even if the turnover point to 2.0 is
somewhat arbitrary.

Of the things mentioned by Aginor, I feel that the improved add-ons manifest
system proposed by shadowm is the most important new feature to complete for
1.14. (Any bugfixes mentioned in his post are also important, of course.)

~~Celtic Minstrel