As usual, most of the things I'd like to get done are a pile of smaller
ones all of which I won't even try to list.

The only major project I'd very much like to get done for 1.14 is the UtBS
desert elf redesign, but since it's mostly just waiting for sprites at this
point, there's not much I can do to hurry it along aside from trying to
produce a few more placeholder sprites.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Charles Dang <exodia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As ancestral closes in on his final draft of the trailer and we can
> (hopefully) get the Steam Greenlight process started, I think it's time to
> look at what we want done for Wesnoth 1.14. Assuming all goes well, that
> will be the version released on Steam, *not *1.12; the latter is too far
> behind to be worth it.
>
> But despite the major changes and improvements we've made recently, the
> fact still remains that Wesnoth is far behind in the polish, capabilities
> and design of even today's indie games. There has been a general consensus
> that Wesnoth 2.0 is needed. It is my hope that 1.14 will be the last
> release in the 1.x series (barring maintenance releases), and we can come
> to a decision on how to move forward towards a 2.0 release.
>
> For now, we need to focus on 1.14 and making it the best damn release we
> can make it, especially if it's destined for Steam. Therefor, I'd like
> every active or interested dev to reply to this email with a list of things
> they *absolutely must get done for 1.14, *and a list of *things they hope
> to get done, but are not priorities. *Devs will be held responsible to
> complete any items in their former category in a reasonable amount of time.
> Should they not, the item will be stricken from the development plan.
>
> Once we have the lists we should be able to get a general idea of a
> timeframe for the 1.14 release (whether on Steam or standalone). Right now
> I am hoping for *early 2017*.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles Dang (Vultraz, Community Manager)

Lari Nieminen (zookeeper)
lari.niemi...@iki.fi