FWIW, I think Andre Majorel's solution would be an elegant solution
(adding "X-Non-Subscriber" header).  It can be automated,
requires no moderator at all, allows non-subscribers to post,
and allows those with a lower threshold for junk to choose to
ditch some of the posts to the list based on the existence of
this header. (Ok, I couldn't ditch, because my client doesn't
support filtering on arbitrary headers...but that's MY problem.)

Cheers, Thomas

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> Thomas Lussnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > This is not an real problem. You can do with manpower
> > a) make an "lacy" block list, like to insert phrase that where seen in spam
> > - like 0190 XXXXXX or string that only used by virus "begin 666
> > www.friends.yohoo.com"
> > - moderated list
> > - harder Subscition (not easy to automaziation)
>
> Actually, I thought of other methods.  For example, filter out mails
> that don't mention `Wget' in the subject or body and submit them for
> moderation.  That way the "moderator" would quickly discard spam, and
> the few legitimate mails that registered as false positives would be
> rerouted back to the list.
>
> BTW, that kind of thing is what I meant by alternate suggestions.
> What you propose could also work, but would fail on spams that don't
> contain the magic words.

E-Soft Inc.                         http://www.e-softinc.com
Publishers of SecuritySpace     http://www.securityspace.com
Tel: 1-905-331-2260                      Fax: 1-905-331-2504
Tollfree in North America: 1-800-799-4831