Marc Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> If you have a spam-fighting suggestion that does *not* include
>> disallowing non-subscriber postings, I am more than willing to listen.
>>

> It's not spam fighting, but I would personally like to see a
> wget-announce moderator-only list where new releases and security
> announcements could be posted.  That would prevent spam for me.

That might make sense independent of the spam -- some people would
choose that list simply to avoid the volume of this list.

So far I haven't bothered to create an announcement list because there
were no requests for one, and because I can't think of announcements
one could make other than for releases, and you can use freshmeat et
al. for that.