> Marc Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> >> If you have a spam-fighting suggestion that does *not* include
> >> disallowing non-subscriber postings, I am more than willing to listen.
> >>

> > It's not spam fighting, but I would personally like to see a
> > wget-announce moderator-only list where new releases and security
> > announcements could be posted.  That would prevent spam for me.
>
> That might make sense independent of the spam -- some people would
> choose that list simply to avoid the volume of this list.
>
> So far I haven't bothered to create an announcement list because there
> were no requests for one, and because I can't think of announcements
> one could make other than for releases, and you can use freshmeat et
> al. for that.

There are likely people interested in wget who aren't that interested in
grepping the 80 or so freshmeat announcements per day, so I think that
it would be generally useful myself.

--
Marc Stephenson                                   IBM Server Group - Austin, TX
Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          NOTES: [EMAIL PROTECTED]