Thought I'd throw in my opinion on the matter.  After reading this thread
I think that I agree with the folks who believe that Wikidata items should
be able to specify a Wikipedia article that is a redirect as a sitelink to
Wikipedia.

Its by no means an ideal solution, but I can't see any problems that it
causes and I do see problems that it fixes.  If there are problems /for
Wikidata/ that allowing Wikidata items to link to Wikipedia redirects
causes, I would be happy to hear them.  I imagine someone likely tried
to point some out, but I just didn't quite grasp them.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott