Peter,
You said: Come to think of it, during my masters we never took any courses
specifically targeted
toward creating collaborative works.

Well, during my masters, we did a lot of collaborative team work. We wrote
papers together and even created a collaborative WebQuest. Even in my doc
program we collaborate on projects. So why don't we decide to collaborate at
WE? We can set an example for others. Not everyone is comfortable with
sharing. I think the need has to be there. In the case of students, it is a
grade. Any suggestions on how to encourage collaboration on WE?
Warm wishes,
Nellie Deutsch
Doctoral Student
Educational Leadership