Hi Leo,

Challenging indeed! I agree with Edward that addressing minority issues
seems key, for the Us-Them cultural/linguistic/identity interplay is
frequently core for fruitful engagement & edutainment. Sensitive as it is
you could address it through games (e.g. role-playing, alternate-reality
games, MMPORG, etc.) and/or MUVE/ virtual world experiences (Second Life,
etc.). Sense of humour and stereotypes can act as a cohesive factor
particularly when involving foreign myths/stereotypes (e.g. some Spaniards
believe Chinese are too silent, courteous, adore working 20 hours a day &
abhorr interaction with Spaniards). This might be a starter to then slowly
focus on real-life circumstances they may face involving reflexivity.
Avatar-building can also be thought-provoking when inviting people to play
around with physical traits and invent social & personal behaviour for
those characters. If ICT not available, pics can be handy. Knowing
beforehand trainee ethnic diversity would of course help. If minority
culture is an unspeakable (apologies for this, as you know my ignorance re
China is huge) I'd suggest games involving aliens or fantastic creatures as
a way to allay initial constraints.

If you find this line can be of use, please give me a shout to supply
further tips, ideas & maybe some lesson plans for you to tailor (?).

Good luck with this project!

Best,

Alex

Alex P. Real | Consultant & Researcher | T: +(34) 6937 2222 0 |
alex.pr...@gmail.com
Chat [image: Google Talk] alex.pr...@gmail.com [image:
Skype]alexperezdelreal [image:
MSN] alex.pr...@hotmail.com