On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM, ENWP Pine <deyntest...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for raising the issue for discussion. I think you have good
> points, and you should make them on Commons, where it appears that other
> Commons contributors agree with you that this situation could have been
> handled differently [1].
>
> Pine
>
> [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page#Dead_bodies.3F
> [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Drama
> [3]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment
> [4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Canvassing

Hey Pine,

I'd disagree with you here. Canvassing, the Request for comment link,
drama...those are all English Wikipedia links. As noted in replies to this
post there seems to be a general lack of manpower on Commons to sort out
the process. The link you provide to the Commons discussion is, as you
framed it, "other Commons contributors agree with you that this situation
could have been handled differently." There are exactly two participants in
that discussion at this time.

If there is an internal need on Commons we should all know about it. I'm
certain there are those on this list who might have never participated on
Commons in this regard (if at all) to be inspired to help out with
editorial judgement based on Kevin's email.

I get to be the jerk that says "Not it!" after bringing it up, but really
it's because I'd be terrible at it :)

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan