On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Does the Affiliations Committee have a list of existing chapters which do
> > not meet the proposed criteria? I think we should at least get a sense
> for
> > that, and those chapters should be notified and be put on the path to
> > meeting standards or losing their status.
> >

> Hi Ben,
>
> The closest is this table for eligibility for the Wikimedia Conference:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_
> 2016/Eligibility_Criteria
>
> That did not apply the same criteria as AffCom are using, but you can see
> that there were 2 chapters which appeared to be entirely inactive, and a
> further 3 that had some kind of activity but were not reporting activity in
> the terms required by their chapter agreements or grants.
>
> In general, I think that it is sensible to have a method of inactive
> chapters to be de-recognised - just as it is also useful for User Groups
> working towards chapter status to know what they are meant to be working
> towards.

As of this year, a process does exist, and is reflected here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_affiliates/Protocol_for_noncompliant_Wikimedia_movement_affiliates

(perhaps a link to this should be added to the AffCom nav-box.)

This process is being followed, right now, to review the status of inactive
and non-compliant chapters, at long last.

   A.

--
    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org