​If an affiliate wants guidence to becoming a chapter thats great and
asking for that help as well a receiving it is a positive, yet that is not
whats being asked or discussed it about defining numbers and punishments
for those that dont achieve those numbers.  We  can achieve success within
ourselves without bringing others down.  WP succeeds by working together to
help everyone improve what they are doing.

The final outcome for Cascadia Wikimedians become a chapter should not be
dictated by numbers but the communities desires and those should not be
measured against what others have done, because each chapter is unique with
their own challenges, their own cultures, their own needs and a thousand
others factors.  The only measure should be trust and an assumption of good
faith, hurdles only measure how high someone can jump not how high they
help others jump affiliates are there to help others achieve, Affcom is
there to help affiliates achieve that.

On 23 August 2016 at 10:37, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that Affcom, as well as WMF, could do more to support affiliates in
> all stages of development. However, the subject of this thread is the
> criteria for chapter and thematic organization status.
>
> Chapter or thematic organization status comes with some privelidges like
> the right to vote for affiliate-elected WMF board seats, and the right to
> send 2 to 4 delegates to the Wikimedia Conference unlike the 1 delegate
> allowed per user group. With the privelidges should come some
> responsibilities, like meeting the criteria for chapter or thematic org
> status on an ongoing basis.
>
> As an organization that may want to become a chapter someday, Cascadia
> Wikimedians needs clarity and specificity about the criteria for chapter
> status. I ask AffCom to keep this in mind as it continues to consider and
> develop the criteria for chapter and thematic org status.
>
> Pine

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia