I agree that Affcom, as well as WMF, could do more to support affiliates in
all stages of development. However, the subject of this thread is the
criteria for chapter and thematic organization status.

Chapter or thematic organization status comes with some privelidges like
the right to vote for affiliate-elected WMF board seats, and the right to
send 2 to 4 delegates to the Wikimedia Conference unlike the 1 delegate
allowed per user group. With the privelidges should come some
responsibilities, like meeting the criteria for chapter or thematic org
status on an ongoing basis.

As an organization that may want to become a chapter someday, Cascadia
Wikimedians needs clarity and specificity about the criteria for chapter
status. I ask AffCom to keep this in mind as it continues to consider and
develop the criteria for chapter and thematic org status.

Pine