I want to express respect for this discussion and re-iterate two favorite
points:

Erik says:

"I haven't done an extensive survey, but I suspect all the major
Wikipedia languages largely agree in their presentation on climate
change. If so, that is itself a notable fact, given the amount of
politicization of the topic. Many readers/donors may be curious how
such agreement comes about in the absence of top-down editorial
control. Speaking about the remarkable process by which Wikipedia
tackles contentious topics may be a less potentially divisive way for
WMF to speak about what's happening in the real world."

And Risker points out that scientific consensus changes and offers some
great examples (too long to paste, timestamp on the message is Fri, Mar 3,
2017 at 1:41 AM).

We are part of a small group of people that's figured out how to document
human consciousness and awareness, as dynamic as it is.  I think it's a lot
to ask to capture this fairly in the annual report, but it seems we're
giving it an honest try.  I'm really honestly in awe of this collaborative
effort.  And I had similar initial reactions to the annual report as others
on this thread.