Antoine Musso wrote:
>Le 07/03/2014 16:48, Bartosz Dziewoński a écrit :
>> On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 16:27:53 +0100, Antoine Musso <hashar+...@free.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So a single -1 should prevent a change from being submitted until that
>>> -1 is lifted by addressing the person concern(s) or correcting him/her
>>> or whatever.
>>
>> Note that such a rule never been followed by anyone, including by
>> various WMF teams. You can easily find numerous examples, even if these
>> searches are limited to only changesets where the -1 stuck on the last
>> patchset.
>>
>> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/is:merged+label:Code-Review-1,n,z
>> (this search seems to hang forever)
>>
>>https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/is:merged+label:Code-Review-1+project:
>>mediawiki/core,n,z
>
>That is like ~10 changes per year on core, which suggest we attempt to
>get the -1 lifted before merging :-D

I believe these queries only display cases where there was an active -1 on
the changeset when it was merged. As I understand it, any new patchset
(for a rebase or otherwise) clears every previous -1. I imagine you're
seeing dramatically underreported results from these queries.

That said, I'm not sure small integers are really what's important here.
The feature in question seems sane and needs a few tweaks before being
re-merged into core. No big deal. I don't think this is a war. The subject
line chosen here was possibly a bit inflammatory. :-)

MZMcBride