On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Isarra Yos <zhoris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The changeset was the result of the discussion on the Design list. The
> reason Steven Walling gave for the -1 was simply not true, but attempts to
> explain this failed and consensus apparently wound up being to ignore him.
>
> Just for a little background/context here

Just for more background/context here... As you can see in the latest
comments on bug 61416, I'm not the only one who objects to the
implementation as currently designed. Prior to the bug, Erik M. also
proposed an alternative solution which was ignored for some reason.

That being said, I +2'd the quick revert because it made the mobile signup
flow a mess. Whether it should have been merged in the first place is
another debate.