> Okay, so I have to ask.  What is this obsession with enabling TOR editing?

It's the most well-known of the anonymizers and probably has the most
traffic.

> I'd encourage all of you to focus on technical ways to prevent
> abusive/inappropriate editing from all types of anonymizing edit platforms,
> including VPNs, sites like Anonymouse, etc.  TOR is but
> one editing vector that is similarly problematic, and it would boggle the
> minds of most users to discover that developers are more interested in
> enabling another of these vectors rather than thinking about how to prevent
> problems from the ones that are currently not systemically shut down.

I'd completely agree with this.  Most of the suggestions that were outlined
in my summary email would work for more than just Tor.  There is a great
quote from Erik that I included in there as well that points towards this.

We need to transition away from a framework where IP addresses are our only
means to block problematic editors and towards a framework where we can do
so via other less intrusive means.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott