> We need to transition away from a framework where IP addresses are our only
> means to block problematic editors and towards a framework where we can do
> so via other less intrusive means.

And use what instead? Identities based on proof of possession of a
phone numbers? Surety bonds paid in bitcoin? Faxing a drivers license
to the foundaion? PKI? Web of trust system where existing wikipedians
can invite people in?

As Tyler said, "it is all about the collateral.", Well not using IPs
is great in principle, I'm not seeing anything equivalent to IP
addresses that we could use instead of IPs.

--bawolff

p.s. That Nymble thing is cool.