On 30 September 2014 15:46, Derric Atzrott <datzr...@alizeepathology.com>
wrote:

> > Okay, so I have to ask.  What is this obsession with enabling TOR
> editing?
>
> It's the most well-known of the anonymizers and probably has the most
> traffic.

I suspect it's the most well known anonymizer amongst a limited group of
technically knowledgeable people.  There is an absolute proliferation of
anonymizing services out there today, many with millions of users,
and stunningly inexpensive ones are regularly advertised in mainstream
media.

I don't have the imagination to try to come up with an overall solution,
although I agree that IP/IP range-specific blocking is becoming
increasingly problematic as these systems proliferate.  IPv6
notwithstanding, we're shutting off an ever-increasing percentage
of internet users from participating because of the behaviour of a
comparatively few commercially- or philosophically-driven problem editors.
Unfortunately, with our limited human resources (what with everyone being
volunteers, and most editors just editing), it doesn't take a lot of
problem editors to overwhelm our resources.

Risker/Anne