Brian

If you plan to use 802.11 technology, I would recommend the following:

1.       Assume you will be in the 5.8 Ghz band – 2.4 is too crowded and
severely affected by anything with water molecules (trees, leaves, fog,
rain, etc).

2.       Get on the roofs of each building with a WiFi tester (anything
that can tell you what channels it sees – free apps are available on
smartphones) to see if you have any clear channels (you probably do).

3.       Select very directional antenna for each site to minimize outside
interference.  A grid antenna like these will get you a good connection:
http://www.terra-wave.com/shop/5-ghz-antennas-5-ghz-parabolic-dish-grid-antennas-c-33_62_67.html

Note: these antennae are NOT MIMO and will connect to only ONE antenna port
on your AP.  You will need to disable the remaining ports.

Finally, recognize that you will be limited to 802.11 throughput which
could become a bottleneck if you have a lot of users at the remote site.

Hope that helps

*Ron Walczak    PMP, RCDD, CWNA/CWSP*
*Walczak Technology Consultants, Inc*
*(724) 865-2740*

"Not to speak is to speak.  Not to act is to act." -  Dietrich Bonhoeffer *

*

"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action." *- Herbert Spencer
*
*
**Anyone can count the seeds in an apple;** **
but only God can count the apples in a seed*.

--

Ron Walczak    PMP, RCDD, CWNA/CWSP
Walczak Technology Consultants, Inc
(724) 865-2740

"Not to speak is to speak.  Not to act is to act." -  Dietrich Bonhoeffer *
**
*