I've used a wide range of PTP solutions over the past 15yrs, but most recently we have a microwave (FCC licensed link) between our campus and our Airport, which is about 6 miles as the crow flies.  This link is a Trango 11/18GHz link, and 315Mbps-full duplex.  Rain, ice, snow, really don't bother this link much.  The only issue weather related we had was wind, as it would turn the dish.  We finally fixed that and it's been completely reliable since.  I should add we have direct line of sight and no trees even remotely close to the fresnel zone.

Recently we had a project pending with a Motorola PTP 600, I believe, and it's throughput was about the same and the price point was really attractive.

I've also looked at other solutions in the past, but these are the most recent ones I'm most familiar with.

Entwistle, Bruce wrote:

We have used a Bridgewave PTP for a few years and it has performed very well.

http://www.bridgewave.com/products/ge60.cfm

Bruce Entwistle

Network Manager

University of Redlands