Impressive list of Q&A.  Not an issue, but I think the Questioner was asking
about a different topic than the answerer was thinking of on one question.

I added the "Q" & "A" to make it clear:
>Q  Are there any known problems with over-polling an AP with SNMP?
>A  We do not use polling. In our view it is less efficient than our
>implementation.

I believe the questioner was thinking about a recent thread regarding Canopy
where a couple wisps surprising observations were being discussed relative to
the product's recent major OS replacement release by Motorola (Release 8).  In
the thread someone observed that his network traffic appeared to "slow down"
when his network management application began polling radios by SNMP.
Continuous ping window times climbed in curious coincidence with network
manager performance polling.  That's why from the langugage (and mention of
SNMP) I don't think he was referring to polling as a means of bandwidth
allocation between APs & SMs.  Changing OS (and consequently stacks) is a
significant change.  There was a previous list of Canopy problems attributable
to the OS communications stacks that could not be addressed because the license
for the stacks did not provide source to the Canopy developers.  Ultimately a
change to a different OS & license (where all communications stacks were
provided with source) was needed so that the developers had the means to work
on problems that had been long unaddressed.  Motorola beta tested this Release
8 longer than typical because of the major impact such a change could
potentially create.  However, it was eventually released (very recently), and
some strange stack behaviors have begun to be noticed.

If I'm interpreting correctly this is a very "different" question, indeed.  It
likely has to do with how APs and BH units prioritize responding to management
communications over customer traffic.  It might even involve issue with the
number of threads the OS can support.  The questioner is simply wondering if
others have noticed "known problems" with SNMP polling of APs.  Canopy may have
some issue, which could be significant to a wisp if he's become reliant upon
network performance monitoring (which is a good thing IMO).

Rich