From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:07 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Google makes it official -- putting up $4.6 billion

I'm not sure what the hell your problem is, but you really need to get a
grip. I started in the internet space in 1994... back before Google or
even Altavista... back when there were no real search engines to speak
of... and now today, Google's search is used by 44% of ALL internet
searches... so, whether you believe it or not, they CAN control what
searches are displayed for 44% of the internet.... that's only about 600
million people.

Postini does SPAM blocking and filtering for a very large percentage of
the internet today... we have been using them for almost 4 years. Large
corporations (Apple, Sun, and others) also use them. So, once again,
with Google buying Postini, they can control a _very_ large percentage
of what emails get thru and don't get thru.

Sounds like you are prepared to have Google control the internet for you
rather than some ILEC that can really never have control... but some of
us are not. Some of us helped get the internet where it is today because
it was open and not controlled. You really need to open your eyes and
take a look around... Google is becoming the Microsoft of internet space.

Travis
Microserv

----

----