Travis Johnson wrote:
Ok... let's take a look at it for a second... Time Magazine article from 2006 documents how a senior writer for CNET wanted to see how much they could learn about the CEO of Google using just Google to search. Well, they found all kinds of info (address, home phone, salary and other incomes, etc. etc.). The founders of Google were outraged and were going to "ban" CNET because of it. They later reconsidered, but let's think about this for a second:

They could have actually _removed_ CNET from all their search databases and effectively made CNET non-existant on a Google search (for 600 million people). This could have all been done because someone made them mad.

But they did not do it... Power that is not exercised is counted as honorable. It is dignity, not shame. They did not do what they could have done. Why is that a problem for you>

Is there anything we can do? Not really. Am I changing my business direction or plan because of it? No. But it continues to amaze me that people in "high places" watch these things happen and don't even question it until it's too late. Google is buying up little companies all the time... they literally have more money than they can spend right now... that puts them in a very scary position for all of us.

Travis
Microserv

Have you checked he net worth of Bill Gates lately?

Mind you I am a Linux guy and I detest Microsoft... But Bill Gates has decided that he is not going to give his kids his fortune. Yeah, he is going to set them up for life, but he is going to give the majority of his fortune to those who have not had such opportunity.

How can I hate Bill if he is going to be such a decent man?

I can't.

Now, why should I hate Google just because they have the opportunity to abuse things. After all, they have the power and they do not exercise it.

That is better than any government I have ever paid attention to in the past.
Would you like to see your advertisement here?  Let the WISPA Board know your
feelings about allowing advertisements on the free WISPA lists.  The current
Board is taking this under consideration at this time.  We want to know your
thoughts.