To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:27 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Advertising

Hi,

This issue with ComCast and their p2p connection blocking brings up another issue I would like to discuss... false advertising.

I have a competitor that is selling "up to 4meg down by 1meg up" for $34.95 with free installation and no contract. Another competitor is doing "up to 2meg" for $39.95... yet, when I purchased their service and did speed tests, the fastest I ever got was 500kbps. At what point is there a "false advertising" claim to be made against these companies that are advertising service that can NEVER been achieved at any time on their network?

I would think if you did speed tests every hour, 24 hours per day for a week and never got within 90% of their claimed speed, there could be a case. The damages would be in customers that are switching from my service to theirs based on their advertising claims. Each customer should be worth at least 12x the monthly revenue based on current market values.

Anyone else agree? Or am I way off base here?

Travis
Microserv

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
** Use Customer Code WSEMF7 when you register online at http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

**