Hi,

I have a better idea.... someone compile a simple side-by-side comparison of the Dragonwave vs. Trango 18ghz radios. List all the benefits of each radio, and then also list the current price for a "comparable" speed for each.

I'm not familiar with the current Dragonwave product, so I will only list the "benefits" of the Trango APEX system (of which I currently have 3 running as our main backbone backhauls):

(1) Radio mounted signal display for alignment
(2) Optional fiber port (only have to buy the fiber module to plug in)
(3) Various channel sizes (10, 20, 28, 40, 50, 80 mhz wide)
(4) up to +20db power output
(5) Jumbo packets via GigE
(6) PoE (-48v)
(7) In-band or out-of-band management
(8) Separate GigE port for management
(9) Rapid Port Shutdown
(10) 1+1 redundancy (using a single antenna)
(11) Dual power supplies (either PoE port can supply the power)
(12) 2 year warranty standard (can be upgraded to 3 year, overnight replacement for $2,000 per link)
(13) Price (currently $9,995 with 2ft dishes and frequency coordination. FCC fees are about $1,300 extra).

Travis
Microserv

3-dB Networks wrote:
I'm going to go with Jeff on this one... there has been multiple threads on
this topic... I think it has been beat to death.  If you want to talk about
it offlist I'd be happy to.

As far as the price difference... I'd be happy to quote the Dragonwave and
let you compare it to the published Trango deals... but my personal opinion
is that you are not paying a premium for the Dragonwave name... compared to
what I would consider the benefits.

Daniel White
3-dB Networks
http://www.3dbnetworks.com