From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Randy Cosby
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:06 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] powering finicky mikrotiks on 24v solar

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36191&start=0

I'm pulling my hair out and wasting all kinds of money on voltage
regulators to make sure my solar and dc-powered sites don't cause
mikrotik routerboards to go into over-voltage protection when the
batteries get charged over 28v.

I'm begging (and asking for you to join me) Mikrotik to:

1. Upgrade the over-voltage protection to 30v or higher on 24 volt
products.
2. Never EVER make another routerboard that runs has over-voltage
protection at 28v 3. Change the over-voltage behavior to cause the
device to reboot when the voltage drops to acceptable levels, instead of
requiring a power-cycle to bring it back to life.

Will you join me on this and let Mikrotik, your distributor, etc. know
your thoughts on this? This is not a new problem, it has been discussed
repeatedly on the lists and forums.

Thanks!

--
Randy Cosby