I hear your frustration but I would not be yelling at MT.  If I bought a
regulated power supply that didn't deliver the set voltage I would be
all over that manufacturer.  Your RouterBoard worked to specification
and the power supply didn't.  Who is at fault?    Really surprises me
that it is a Meanwell unit that did that.  I have had great success with
the AD155 units.  They are AC-DC, with built in battery charger.

Now I do agree it would be nice if the overvoltage detection would turn
the unit back on after an overvoltage condiditon.  Based on the wide
input range the RBs accept, I doubt that it is an easy engineering
change to raise the overvoltage limit.

What I really liked were the boards that gave an input option, 12-24 and
24-48 which actually had some overlap.  Made power supply selection much
easier.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer