That would mean increased cost on the units. People is more interested in
price and MT products not capable of 48VDC and the sale of them caused such
a dip in the 48V MT products that the 48VDC product line became too
expensive to produce due to lack of quantity so choice was either increase
price or drop the line. So the product was dropped because increase in price
would mean even more people felt the advantage wasn't enough to justify
paying that much more which would lead to even lower sale which would
increased the cost and there is a level when producing a product does not
become economical because the quantity is not enough.

On MOST of their products we can do a special order MOQ 100 pcs last I
checked at a slightly higher price than previous list price. Got need enough
for 100 pcs RB532 or 100 pcs RB100 series boards. We still have RB230's
left.

Or of course you could buy RB600 which handles 10-56V on power jack or 38 to
56V on POE port.  So you actually do have one option still available that
gives you a powerful unit that is still manufactured and sold. So I guess
comes down to how much is it worth to you the option is STILL there but I
would assume you want the 48V option on the lower cost routers and that will
not happen because that is ONE of the reason the products are cheaper. That
said the choice is up to you actually since the product is available.

/ Eje