On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 09:27 -0600, Travis Johnson wrote:
> When I purchased the card from IS several years ago, it was a plain ol'
> Intel Desktop card. I matched the EXACT model number and purchased an
> additional card for a spare. At the time, they were EXACTLY the same
> cards (unless you think IS is making chip or firmware changes on the
> card itself?)

No.  This is the card that they no longer sell due to performance
issues.  It probably does fine in your network, but that just means it
does fine for you.  That $45 card (today) is what they sold for $125
(back then).  When I ordered a card from them (this same card) a few
years ago, I paid the $125.  At that time, the card I purchased was
selling (I can't remember where) for about $85.  They only got about a
$40 "premium" for keeping the warranty on my $5k router in tact.  Seems
like a no brainer to me, but I can't speak for anyone else...

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *