Private IPs are only easier to manage if you don't have proper BGP setup. If
you do it's trivial to move between carriers.

Plus running publics allows the customer to run VoIP and game systems without
issue.

Don't put the customers computer on the public. Just their router. We do a 1:1
NaT at the CPE. This keeps the customer computer off the Internet and off our
network.

In this day you'd be crazy not to have public IPs on customers. But that just
my opinion.

If privates work for you I guess keep doing it.